How To apply PAN Card Offline ?
How To Apply Offline PAN Card
- Visit NSDL or UTI portal to Download the form 49 A in PDF format and take a print out
- Affix two passport size photographs on the space provided in the form and sign across (applicable to ‘individual’ applicants). If thumb impression is used, Then it needs to be duly attested to verify its authentication. Attestation is valid if it is done either by a Gazetted Officer, Magistrate or even a Notary Public and it needs to be necessarily done with signature as well as official seal and stamp.
- Fill up the entire form in Capital letters and preferably in black ink. Form should only be filled in English
- A O code has to be duly filled by the applicants. Details can be obtained from the Income Tax office or from PAN centre or from NSDL or UTI websites
- Read through the detailed guidelines and instructions provided (though the form is self-explanatory) and fill up the form accordingly without any error
- Avoid overwriting.
- Write in the name, address, Date of birth and other important details as it is mentioned in the proof that you are enclosing along with the form.
- If office address is chosen as the communication address, ensure to enclose the proof for the office address along with proof of residence address.
- Fill in the telephone number and email ID details correctly as application status is notified through this.
- Select the appropriate status of applicant
(Individual/HUF/Company/Partnership firm/Government/AOP/LLP/Trusts/BOI/Local Authority/Artificial Judicial Person)
- Mention clearly the document that you are enclosing as a proof of identity, proof of address and Date of birth proof
- Read through the filled form to ensure there are no errors.
- Submit the duly filled form to NSDL e-Govt. or UTIITSL office along with other required documents and fee’s demand draft.