CTET 2020 Online Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
Central Teaching Eligibility Test ( CTET ) is a National Level Examination Conducted to Certify the Eligibility of candidates to be appointed as teachers at Primary and Upper Primary levels. CTET Exam is conducted twice a year in July and December . CTET 2020 July Exam will be held on July 5, 2020. CTET के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
CTET 2020 Application Form will be available from January 24, 2020 at official website of CTET ie. ctet.nic.in. The CTET application fee is Rs 1000 for one paper and Rs 1200 for both the papers. Last Date for online application for CTET July 2020 is February 24, 2020. Eligibility of CTET 2020 for Both Papers is Different , Candidates must Read the official Notification before applying for the exam.
CTET Exam is Parted into two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. As per CTET 2020 Exam Pattern, Candidates aspiring to become a teacher of classes 1–5 need to Pass Paper 1, whereas those who want to become a teacher of classes 6–8 need to Pass Paper 2 .
Each paper of CTET 2020 will be an offline test of 150 minutes duration having 150 MCQs .Each Question will be of 1 mark each . There is no negative marking. CTET 2020 Syllabus includes Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
The qualifying marks or Pass Marks for CTET is 60% for General category and 55% for Reserved category ie. SC/ ST. Only Pass Candidates will be awarded CTET Certificate. Check CTET 2020 Cutoff
CTET December 2019 was held on December 8, 2019 in 110 cities at 2935 exam centers in which 28,32,120 candidates Applied , only 24,05,145 appeared, out of which 5,42,285 exam takers qualified the exam.
Features of CTET 2020
The Key points about CTET 2020 July session are Highlighted below:
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Certification of Primary and Elementary Teachers in Central Government Schools|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes (Each paper)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language Medium||English and Hindi|
Download CTET 2020 Question Papers
CTET 2020 Exam Dates
As per the CTET Exam Date trends, the schedule of exam will be as follows:-
|Events||Dates (July Session)|
|CTET 2020 Registration Starts||January 24 – February 24, 2020 (11:59 PM)|
Last Date Extended to 02-03-2020
|CTET Application Fee Deposit Last Date||February 27, 2020 (3:30 PM) ( 05-03-2020 Extended )|
|CTET Application Form Editing||March 17 – 24, 2020|
|CTET Admit Card Availability||June 20, 2020|
|CTET 2020 Exam Date||July 5, 2020 (Officially Announced)|
|Release of CTET Answer Key||July 23, 2020|
|CTET Result Declaration||July 27, 2020|
|CTET 2020 Certificates||August 2020|
Read How to Prepare for CTET 2020?
What is CTET 2020 Eligibility ?
Who Can Apply for CTET 2020?
The Aspirants are Advised to check CTET 2020 Eligibility before applying for the Exam. Candidates belonging to the Reserved Categories will be Provided with a Relaxation of 5% in the Qualifying Marks. Detailed Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teacher and Elementary Teacher are different. They are as follows.
CTET 2020 Eligibility for Paper I ?
- Candidate Must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Also, he/she must have passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Applicants Must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks.
- He/she must have passed or appear in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Aspirants Must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- They must also pass or appear in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Along with it, they must have a pass certificate of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
- Graduation degree in relevant discipline must be acquired.
- A certificate of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
CTET 2020 Eligibility for Paper II
- A Graduate Degree in Relevant Discipline must be obtained.
- Also, candidate must have passed or appear in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks must be acquired.
- Aspirants must have completed 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks must be done in relevant discipline.
- He/she must also complete a year in Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Candidates must pass Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks
- Also, they must have either passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Along with it, they must have passed or should be appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Aspirants must have done graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Also, they should have passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
How to Register CTET 2020 ?
How to Fill CTET 2020 Online Application Form?
CTET 2020 Application Form can be filled via online mode only from January 24 – February 24, 2020. The online application process includes filling the form, uploading documents, Deposit of fees and printing the confirmation page.
Steps to fill CTET 2020 Application Form are given below:
Step 1: CTET 2020 online Registration
- Visit the official website, ctet.nic.in
- Click on “Apply for CTET 2020”
- Enter personal details in the form, as mentioned in the class 10 certificate.
- Choose any 3 exam centers, preferred language and paper option
- Fill academic, communication and other required details and enter security text.
Step 2: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Once done, upload the photograph in the prescribed format and in jpeg format.
- Upload the signature in jpeg format or Prescribed Format.
Step 3: Pay CTET 2020 Application Fee online ?
- After the uploading of images, automatically redirected to the fee payment page
- Choose the payment option; whether online or through e-challan
- For online payment, select payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking)
- For offline payment, download the e-challan and deposit the fee in Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank.
Step 4: Print Confirmation Page
- A preview of the final page will be displayed on the screen.
- Print it for a record and future processes.
- Hard copy must not be sent to CBSE CTET office.
CTET 2020 Application Fee
- Candidates can make the payment by both online and offline modes.
- Applicants can refer to the below mentioned fee according to the category they belong to.
|Only Paper 1 or Paper 2||Rs 1000||Rs 500|
|Both Papers||Rs 1200||Rs 600|
CTET 2020 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
CTET 2020 Admit Cards will tentatively be released on June 20, 2020 at the official website. Particulars on the admit card should match the details given on the confirmation page. Candidates are advised to check all details on the admit card for any discrepancies and report to the authority regarding any corrections.
- Visit official website of CTET i.e. ctet.nic.in
- Click on the tab “Admit Card”
- Enter Registration Number and Password
- Click on submit after verifying the details on it
- Download and print CTET 2020 Admit Card
CTET 2020 Admit Card is a necessary document to be brought to the exam hall along with a photo ID proof. ID proof may be any of the following:
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
CTET 2020 Exam Centers
- During the filling of application form, candidates are asked to fill in 4 preferences for exam centers.
- CTET 2020 provided candidates with centers possible at every major location of India.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance. Given below are 112 CTET 2020 Exam Cities that candidates were to opt for:
CTET exam consists of 2 papers – Paper 1 (Primary Stage) and Paper 2 (Elementary Stage)
- Paper 1 is for candidates who intend to become a teacher for classes 1 to 5.
- Paper 2 is for candidates who wish to teach students from classes 6 to 8.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark while negative marking scheme will not be applicable for the exam. Candidates can refer to the below table for CTET Exam Pattern highlights:
|Particulars||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Duration||150 Minutes||150 Minutes|
|Section||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, Environmental Studies)||4 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Science/ Social Studies)|
|No. of Question||150||150|
|Medium of exam||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
CTET Previous Years’ Question Papers
The previous years’ question papers for CTET 2020 will help candidates to get a fair idea of the type of questions, marking scheme, nature of the exam and difficulty level. CTET is conducted in offline mode, however, it is speculated that from this year on wards, the exam will see some major changes and will go online completely.
However, the basic aim of the exam will remain intact and candidates will get a hang of the exam as they solve previous year CTET Question Papers.
|Paper I/ II||Question Papers|
Books for CTET 2020 Preparation
CTET 2020 July session is expected to be highly competitive sighting the speculated changes and applicants waiting for CTET 2020 Notification. You Should Read The Books You have Read in B. Ed or ETT / D . Ed.
How to Check CTET 2020 Result?
- CTET Result for July 2020 will tentatively be declared at the official website on July 27, 2020.
- Answer Keys for both the papers will be released in third week of July 2020.
- CTET 2020 Eligibility Certificate can be downloaded from the digi-locker.
Steps to Check CTET Result is as follows:
- Go to the official page of CTET i.e. ctet.net.in
- Search for the tab ‘CTET Result 2020’
- Click the link and enter the roll number
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and print for future use.
CTET Eligibility Certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of result declaration for all category candidates. There is no limitation on the number of times one can apply for CTET. Candidates can re-appear for the exam to improve their scores. In case one loses their Mark Statement or Eligibility Certificate, they can get a duplicate copy by paying an amount of INR 200 in favor of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education payable at Delhi.
CTET 2020 Qualifying Marks
CTET 2020 Qualifying marks is the score that candidates must score in order to clear the exam. Only candidates who qualify the test will be awarded CTET Eligibility Certificate. The qualifying marks varies for different categories. Reserved category candidates are given 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks.
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Marks|
CTET 2020 Cutoff
CTET 2020 Cutoff is released after the declaration of results. Meanwhile, candidates can check the cutoff for CTET December 2019 session:
Follow Us @ Facebook