AIC | AGRICULTURE INSURANCE COMPANY OF INDIA LIMITED
Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited (AIC) has been Set up at the behalf of Government of India, consequent to the announcement in 2002 to sub serve the Agriculture insurance needs of farmers better, It was proposed to set up a new Corporation for Agriculture Insurance”.
AIC was set up under the implementation of National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) which earlier was under control of General Insurance Corporation of India. In addition, AIC also transacts other Agriculture insurance businesses directly or indirectly and its allied activities . AIC is commencing Business since April 1,2003 on wards till date.
Promoters (Share Holding) of AIC :
- General Insurance Corporation of India – 35 %
- National Bank for Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD) – 30 %
- National Insurance Company Limited – 8.75 %
- The New India Assurance Company Limited – 8.75 %
- The Oriental Insurance Company Limited – 8.75 %
- United India Insurance Company Limited – 8.75 %
Plate B&C, 5th Floor, Block 1, East Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi 110023, India.
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org